The EPIC Workshop 2018 will be held in London on 15-17 October 2018 in collaboration with UK Space Agency (UKSA).
There is already available a dedicated webpage http://epic-src.eu/workshop2018.
Westminster Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street London SW1H 0ET (http://www.1victoriastreet.co.uk/home.vc).
The online registration will open in due time on the EPIC webpage, were all details, preliminary programme and practical information will be available soon.
The EPIC Workshop 2018 will be held on 15-17 October 2018 in London – United Kingdom:
- 15th October Workshop ½ day (afternoon,…)
- 16th October Workshop full day (including networking event)
- 17th October Workshop full day
The preliminary programme is under preparation and it will be available soon on the EPIC webpage, but an important part of the workshop will be devoted to technology presentations from invited speakers.
The main invited speakers to this workshop will be representatives from: EC, REA, ESA, European Space Agencies, satellite Large System Integrator (LSIs), telecommunication satellite operators, the space electric propulsion industry and research organizations and universities involved in space electric propulsion.
Other electric propulsion community representatives are invited to participate and submit their presentation proposals for this workshop .
In order to participate in this workshop with a presentation, please contact the dedicated EPIC PSA members (Jose.Gonzalez.del.Amo@esa.int, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) by filling in and sending the present excel table no later than 1st June 2018, indicating:
- the name of the speaker;
- the title of the presentation;
- a short description of the proposed presentation.
Please note that technology presentations should not last more than 15 minutes, including questions, and have to fit within the workshop scope. All material presented will be collected, made available on the epic website, and may be freely used for any other purpose of the EPIC project.
Proposals received will be reviewed and selected insofar as they comply with the scope of the workshop and the available time for invited speakers presentations, and invitations will be sent out to the selected ones by the EPIC PSA with further practical information by 1st July, and the preliminary programme publication will be done by the EPIC PSA by 15th July on the web (http://epic-src.eu/workshop2018).
|Deadline for interested speakers (submission of abstract presentation):||1st June 2018|
|Notification of presentation acceptance and invitation||1st July 2018|
|Preliminary programme publication||15th July 2018|
|General registration opens||1st September 2018|
|General registration closes||30th September 2018|
|Final programme publication||30th September 2018|
|Deadline for submission of speaker’s presentation material||8th October 2018|
|Workshop dates||15th-17th October 2018|
SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP
Present the Horizon 2020 Electric Propulsion SRC activities to the EP community and stakeholders and to collect and assess the latest EP technology developments in Europe to update the EPIC Roadmap as necessary.
The draft preliminary program will include the following sessions:
- PSA and SRC progress and activities;
- Horizon 2020 Space Work Programme 2018-2020 topics for Electric Propulsion SRC: Call 2019 and 2020 EP SRC texts and guidelines;
- Horizon 2020 Space Work Programme 2018-2020 topics for Access to Space and In-Orbit Validation/Demonstration;
- Roundtables with stakeholders and main actors on hot topics in Electric Propulsion: “Satellite Constellations, CubeSats and new market” and “New strategies and challenges on EP Qualification”;
- Incremental SRC OGs (CHEOPS, GIESEPP, HEMPT-NG) implementation, progress, and early results;
- Disruptive SRC OGs (HIPERLOC-EP, MINOTOR, GANOMIC) implementation, progress, and early results;
- Developments and status of EP Technologies activities (open to interested speakers upon invitation).
Book the dates on your agendas if you plan to participate!