Through SME4SPACE is possible to receive the Technical Dossiers (TD) relative to the 2019 cycles of the ESA Harmonisation process:
First cycle 2019:
- Chemical Propulsion – Micropropulsion
- Composite Materials
- Cryogenics and Focal Plane Cooling
- Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Power Management and Distribution
Second cycle 2019:
- Big Data from Space (BDFS)
- Fluid Mechanics and Aerothermodynamic Tools (FMAT)
- On-Board Radio Navigation Receivers (OBRNR)
- Technologies for Optical Passive Instruments – Mirrors (TOPI-M)
- Technologies for Optical Passive Instruments – Stable & Lightweight Structures (TOPI-SLS)
Since 2015, SME4SPACE has been invited by ESA (as you can read in this refence letter) to take part actively in the Harmonisation process and to present the European Space SMEs viewpoint within the activities of the ESA Technology Harmonisation Advisory Group (THAG).
If you are a Space SME and you want to participate to this process, please fill in the following dedicated mailing list registration form, selecting the Technical Dossiers of your interest. You will receive only messages regarding the selected Technical Dossiers.
European Space Technology Harmonisation Process is designed and led by ESA to achieve better coordinated space technology R&D activities among all European actors, with the following aims:
- fill strategic gaps and ‘minimise unnecessary duplications;
- Consolidate European Strategic capabilities;
- Achieve a coordinated and committed European Space Technology Policy;
- Contribute to ensuring continuity and coherence between Technology and Industrial Policies.
The process is developed in a first mapping and a following roadmapping phase; every year 8/10 topics are foreseen to be harmonised by ESA in two cycles. SME4SPACE has the mandate to gather SMEs’ inputs and contributions on technologies to be harmonised. SME4SPACE contributes both in the phase of technologies mapping and for the definition of the technologies roadmaps within the activities of ESA Technology Harmonisation Advisory Group (THAG).
In order to have a brief overview of the Harmonisation process, please refer to the following ESA presentation held during SME4SPACE Open General Assembly in September 2018 at Industry Space Days in ESTEC.
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact SME4SPACE via e-mail (email@example.com). We will provide you all the needed documentation and the information to let you contribute to this activity.
If you want to participate, please subscribe our dedicated mailing list.
|2019 Meeting dates|
|1st Cycle 2019 (1C2019)||2nd Cycle 2019 (2C2019)|
|16 and 17 / 29, 30 and 31 January 2019||SME4SPACE Mapping Meetings preparation teleconferences (one for each Technical Dossier)||13 and 14 / 27 and 28 March 2019||SME4SPACE Mapping Meetings preparation teleconferences (one for each Technical Dossier)|
|6-8 February 2019||Mapping Meetings (ESA-ESTEC)||9-11 April 2019||Mapping Meetings (ESA-ESTEC)|
|29 May 2019 (2nd telco and Eurospace/SME4SPACE joint teleco tbd)||SME4SPACE Roadmap Meetings preparation teleconferences (one for each Technical Dossier)||September/October 2019 (tbd)||SME4SPACE Roadmap Meetings preparation teleconferences (one for each Technical Dossier)|
|26 June 2019||ESA/Eurospace/SME4SPACE Roadmap review Meetings (ESA-ESTEC)||October 2018 (tbd)||ESA/Eurospace/SME4SPACE Roadmap review Meetings ESA-ESTEC)|